Building, Packaging, Deploying, and Running the firstcup Web Application
In this section, you will build the firstcup web application, deploy it to the server, and run the application.
Build, Package, and Deploy the firstcup Web Application
While performing this task, you'll build and package the DukesBirthdayBean enterprise bean, the FirstcupUser entity, and the firstcup web client into a WAR file, firstcup.war, in the dist directory, then deploy it to the server.
- Select the firstcup project in the Projects tab.
- Right-click firstcup and select Deploy.
Run the firstcup Application
This section describes how to run the firstcup application.
- Launch a web browser.
- Type the following URL in the address field of the browser:
- Type your birth date in the Your birthday text field. Make sure you use the date pattern specified on the page: MM/dd/yyyy.
- Click Submit.
- After the response.xhtml page is displayed, click Back to return to the greeting.xhtml page.
- Type a different birthday in the text field and click Submit again to see how the average age of First Cup users changes.
You are 20 years older than Duke! The average age difference of all First Cup users is 20.0.