Go to main content
3.13 Unchecking "Required for Authentication" Option in DYNAMIC_OLAP_LOGIN Initialization Block
To avoid authentication issues post migration, you must uncheck the Required for Authentication option in the DYNAMIC_OLAP_LOGIN initialization block.
Follow this procedure only if you are migrating from Oracle BI Release 188.8.131.52 to 12c
To uncheck the Required for authentication option:
- Open the repository in offline mode.
- Change to the following directory on the 12c system:
On UNIX operating system:
On Windows operating system:
Replace the value of DOMAIN_HOME with the actual Domain home on your 12c system.
- Run the following command:
sh data-model-cmd.sh downloadrpd –u uname –p pwd –o downloaded.rpd –w rpd_password
-o is the output RPD
-w rpd_password is the RPD password, say Admin123
- Open the downloaded repository offline in the BI Administration Tool, which you installed with the client installer.
- Complete the following steps:
- From the Manage menu in the BI Administration Tool, select Variables.
- In the Variable Manager dialog, from the Action menu, select Session, then Initialization Blocks.
- In the Variable Initialization Block dialog, locate DYNAMIC_OLAP_LOGIN.
- Open the DYNAMIC_OLAP_LOGIN properties, and uncheck the Required for Authentication checkbox.
- Click Apply and save the repository.
- Open the repository in online mode using the
DOMAIN_HOME/bitools/bin/data-model-cmd.sh uploadrpd –u uname –p pwd –i downloaded.rpd –w rpd_password