Release 3.3 Enhancements
SQL*Plus Release 3.3 provides a number of enhancements over previous releases of SQL*Plus. This appendix describes the enhancements for SQL*Plus Release 3.3.
SQL*Plus Release 3.3 Enhancements
SQL*Plus Release 3.3 is a superset of SQL*Plus Release 3.2.
To exploit SQL*Plus Release 3.3 fully, you need Oracle7 Release 7.3. SQL*Plus Release 3.3 gives you the following capabilities:
- There is a new command named REPHEADER. The REPHEADER command places and formats a specified report header at the top of each report, or lists the current REPHEADER definition.
- There is a new command named REPFOOTER. The REPFOOTER command places and formats a specified report footer at the bottom of each report, or lists the current REPFOOTER definition.
- There is a new command named STORE. The STORE command saves attributes of the current SQL*Plus environment in a host operating system file (a command file).
- The SET command now has an APPINFO clause. The APPINFO clause sets automatic registering of command files through the DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO package. This enables the performance and resource usage of each command file to be monitored by your DBA.
- The SET command now has an AUTOTRACE clause. The AUTOTRACE clause displays a report on the execution of successful SQL DML statements (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE). The report can include execution statistics and the query execution path.
- The SET SERVEROUTPUT command now has a FORMAT clause. You can use WRAPPED, WORD_WRAPPED or TRUNCATED with the FORMAT clause.