Attributes can be defined and then assigned to one or more objects.
Note: If you are updating existing attributes and you change a long label, you are prompted if you want to change the label for all related object attributes and region items. If you choose OK, all related labels are changed.
To define attributes:
1. Navigate to the Attributes folder window. Do this by choosing the Create Attributes button from the Object Attributes folder window.
2. Enter an application to associate with the attribute.
3. Enter an attribute identifier.
4. Enter a user-friendly attribute name to be used in lists of values.
5. Enter a long label for the attribute. The default is the attribute name. This is the attribute prompt in your web inquiry application.
6. Optionally, indicate how the text should appear on the browser: bold, italic, and so on.
7. Select a vertical alignment: Top, Center, or Bottom.
8. Select a horizontal alignment: Left, Center, or Right.
9. Enter the datatype for the attribute.
10. Enter the display length for the attribute value.
11. Optionally, enter a free-form description for the attribute.
Assigning Attributes to Objects
Defining Primary Keys
Defining Foreign Keys