Using the Navigator's Documents Region
If you have a document, such as a particular purchase order, invoice, or sales order that you want to access later, you can create a link to the document using the Navigator's Document feature. The Navigator's Document feature allows you to create as many links as you want and save them in the Documents region of the Navigator window. The links can be represented as icons in the window or may be viewed as a list. Documents are defined as "real-world" documents such as those listed above, but may also include such documents as employees or plans. When you use a link to open a document, Oracle Applications opens the document in the appropriate form window. You can access the Document region using the alternative region poplist.
1. Forms that support adding documents to the navigator, enable the Place on Navigator menu item in the Action menu. Use this menu item to add your document to the Navigator.
1. Choose Documents from the alternative region poplist in the Navigation window.
Once you create a link to a document, the Document region will open by default when you log on.
To open a form from the Document Region
1. Select the document link you want to open.
2. Choose Open or double-click it.
1. Select the document link you want to rename.
2. Choose the Rename... button, or double-click the label.
3. Enter the new name, then press OK.
Note: There is a limit of 80 characters for document names.
1. Select the document link to be discarded.
Removing the document link from the navigator has no effect on the actual document. However, if a record such as a purchase order is deleted in the 'Enter Purchase Orders' form, the link in your navigator displays a message letting you know that your link is now invalid.