Invoking an Editor for a Field
You can display an Editor window to view, enter, or update the entire contents of a text field. The Editor window is especially useful for editing scrollable text fields. A scrollable text field is a field whose actual width is longer than its display width and whose content you can view by scrolling through the field.
To use the Editor window for a field:
1. Choose Edit Field... from the Edit menu.
2. Enter a new value or edit the existing value in the Editor window.
Attention: If the current field is a display-only field, then the Editor window does not allow changes.
3. To search for a phrase and replace it with another phrase, you can choose Search in the Editor window to display a Search/Replace window.
4. Enter a value in the Search for: field, and if you want to replace that value with another value, enter a value in the Replace with: field.
5. Choose Search to search for the value, or choose Replace or Replace All to search for the value and replace the first occurrence or all occurrences with your new value, respectively.
6. Choose Cancel to close the Search/Replace window.
7. When you are satisfied with the value in the Editor window, choose OK to close the window and insert the value into the field.