Concurrent Conflicts Domains Window
Concurrent conflicts domains ensure that incompatible concurrent programs are not allowed to run simultaneously using related information.
Concurrent managers use concurrent conflicts domains to determine which concurrent programs cannot run at the same time. For example:
- When concurrent program A is defined as incompatible with concurrent program B, then A and B cannot run at the same time using the same concurrent conflict domain.
- If, for example, the programs A and B are assigned to the concurrent conflicts domains Standard when they are submitted, then programs A and B will not run together at the same time.
Defining a Conflict Domain
1. Enter a unique Domain name. The name you enter here may be used as a value for a parameter in the Submit Requests window.
2. Enter a unique Short Name for your domain. Limit the Short Name to 8 characters.
3. Optionally, you can provide a description for your domain.
Overview of Applications DBA Duties
ORACLE Usernames (Overview)