Defining Value Sets
To define a value set:
1. Navigate to the Value Sets window.
3. If you plan to use flexfield value security with any segments that use this value set, check the Security Available check box. Security does not apply to value sets of validation type None, Special, or Pair. See: Defining Security Rules.
4. Check the Enable Longlist check box if your value set should provide the Longlist feature, where a user must enter a partial segment value before the list of values retrieves all available values. You may not enable Longlist for a value set that has a validation type of None.
5. Enter the type of format you want to use for your segment values. Valid choices include: Char, Date, DateTime, Number, and Time.
6. Enter formatting information appropriate to your format type, including information such as whether your values should include numbers only and whether they must fall within a certain range.
Overview of Values and Value Sets
Planning Values and Value Sets
Choosing Value Formats
Overview of Implementing Table-Validated Value Sets
Changing the Value Set of an Existing Flexfield Segment
Value Set Windows
Segment Values Window