Defining Segment Values
For most flexfield segments and report parameters, defining values is very simple if they use independent value sets and their value sets are not used with the Accounting Flexfield.
To define segment values:
1. Navigate to the Segment Values window.
2. Query the value set to which your values (will) belong. You can locate values either by their value set or by the flexfield segment or concurrent program parameter that uses their value set for validation.
3. Enter a segment value that is valid for your application. A valid value can be a word, phrase, abbreviation, or numeric code. Users can enter this value in a flexfield segment or a report parameter that uses this value set. Users also see this value whenever they select a value in a flexfield segment that uses this value set.
Any value you define must conform to the criteria you defined for your value set. For example, if your value set can only accept values one character long with no alphabetic or special characters allowed, you can only enter the values 0 through 9 in this field.
If you enter a value that contains the segment separator character defined for the flexfield that uses this value set, application windows display the character in your value as a ^ in your concatenated value fields to differentiate it from the segment separator. This change is for concatenated display purposes only and does not affect your value.
You cannot define values that would violate any flexfield security rules that are enabled for your responsibility.
4. Check the Enabled check box to make your value effective.
5. If you want to have the value effective for a limited time, you can enter a start date and/or an end date for it. The value is valid for the time including the From and To dates.
Overview of Values and Value Sets
Planning Values and Value Sets
Plan Values to Use Range Features
Parent and Child Values and Rollup Groups
Rollup Groups Window
Segment Values Window
Defining Hierarchy and Qualifiers Information