Oracle Reports 2.5 Flexfield Support API
Using Oracle Applications flexfields routines with Oracle Reports, you can build reports that display flexfields data easily and in a number of ways:
- Display any individual segment value, prompt, or description.
- Display segment values, prompts, or descriptions from multiple flexfield structures (or contexts) in the same report.
- Display segment values, prompts, or descriptions from different flexfields in the same report.
- Display two or more flexfield segment values, prompts, or descriptions, concatenated with delimiters, in the correct order. This includes description information for dependent, independent, and table validated segments.
- Restrict output based upon a flexfield range (low and high values).
- Prevent reporting on flexfield segments and values that users do not have access to (flexfield value security).
- Specify order by, group by, and where constraints using one or more, or all segment columns.
Overview of Reporting on Flexfields Data
Overview of Flexfield Views
Basic Implementation Steps
Oracle Reports and Flexfields Report-Writing Steps
Flexfield Report Examples
Report 1: Simple Tabular Report
Report 2: Simple Tabular Report With Multiple Structures
Report 3: Tabular Report
Report 4: Master-Detail Report
Report 5: Master-detail Report on Multiple Structures