Submitting Journal Batches for Approval
If Journal Approval is enabled for your set of books, journal batches whose journal source requires approval must be approved by a manager whose authorization limit is high enough to allow approval. You will not be able to post your batch to the general ledger until you receive this approval.
To submit a journal batch for approval:
1. Navigate to the Find Journals window.
2. Query the journal batch you want to submit for approval.
3. Select the batch from the Enter Journals window.
4. (Optional) Choose Review Batch or Review Journal if you want to review the batch information or journal details before you submit it for approval.
Note: The Status region on the Batch window will display the current statuses for Posting, Funds reservation, and journal Approval.
5. From either the Enter Journals, Batch, or Journals window, choose the More Actions button.
6. Choose the Approve Batch button.
After you sumit your journal batch for approval, you should receive a message indicating the result of your request. The message will inform you that your journal batch:
- Was self-approved, if you are authorized to approve your own journal batches, or
- Has been sent to an approver, or
Invalid batches must be corrected and resubmitted for approval. If your journal batch was sent to an approver, periodically check your notifications for a response. For more information about checking and viewing your notifications:
Overview of Journal Approval
Setting Up Journal Approval
Creating Journal Batches