Overview of Project MRP
Project MRP is one of a series of features in Oracle Applications designed to support companies that manufacture products for projects or contracts. Known as Project Manufacturing, it is a solution that combines Oracle Projects with Oracle's manufacturing applications to provide robust project tracking, billing and budgeting, along with support for hybrid manufacturing methodologies.
Project MRP allows you to plan in a project or contract environment by segmenting all sources of supply and demand by project. This allows the planning process to identify components as shared or project specific, track existing inventories by project, and provide visibility to all supply and demand associated with a project.
Project MRP is completely integrated with Oracle Projects, to offer a comprehensive project manufacturing solution, but it can also work in isolation to support Seiban manufacturing methods.
With Project MRP, you can:
- include project or Seiban numbers and task references in forecast, MPS, and MDS entries
- load, copy, or merge forecast, MPS, and MDS entries with project or Seiban numbers and task references
- recognize and allocate supply according to project or Seiban numbers and task references
- combine project and Seiban related supply and demand with nonproject and nonSeiban related supply and demand in the same plan or schedule
- perform netting by planning groups, project or Seiban, and tasks
- generate planned orders with project or Seiban number and task references
- execute a plan (in the Planner Workbench) by project, Seiban, and task
- link sales order lines, production orders, and purchase orders to projects, Seibans, and tasks, allocate onhand inventory to projects, and issue inventory to projects
- perform net change simulation in a project environment
Establishing a Project MRP Environment
Viewing Onhand Quantities in a Project