|Oracle8i Application Developer's Guide - Large Objects (LOBs)
Release 2 (8.1.6)
Part Number A76940-01
External LOBs (BFILEs)
Use Case Model
In this chapter we discuss each operation on External
LOBs (such as "Read Data from a BFILE") in terms of a use case. Table 11-1, "Use Case Model: External LOBs (BFILEs)" lists all the use cases.
Graphic Summary of Use Case Model
A summary figure, "Use Case Model Diagram: External LOBs (BFILEs)", shows the use cases and their interrelation graphically. If you are using an online version of this document, you can use this figure to navigate to specific use cases.
Individual Use Cases
Each External LOB (BFILE) use case is described as follows:
- Use case figure. A figure that depicts the use case (see "How to Interpret the Use Case Diagrams" in the Preface, for a description of how to interpret these diagrams).
- Purpose. The purpose of this use case with regards to LOBs.
- Usage Notes. Guidelines to assist your implementation of the LOB operation.
- Syntax. Pointers to the syntax in different programmatic environments that underlies the LOBs related activity for the use case.
- Scenario. A scenario that portrays one implementation of the use case in terms of the hypothetical multimedia application (see Chapter 8, "Sample Application" for detailed syntax).
- Examples. In each programmatic environment illustrating the use case. These are based on the multimedia application and table
Multimedia_tab described in Chapter 8, "Sample Application".