|Oracle8i interMedia Text Migration
Release 2 (8.1.6)
Part Number A77061-01
Overview of New Features and Changes, 4 of 11
New Features and Enhancements for 8.1.6
This section lists all the new features and enhancements to interMedia Text, release 8.1.6.
- New NESTED_DATASTORE.You can index the rows of a nested table.
- USER_DATASTORE enhanced to let you to define output type for user procedure.
- You can optionally specify a document FORMAT column with CREATE INDEX. Defining document format on a per-row level is useful for indexing mixed-format text tables as you can selectively filter binary documents and bypass filtering for text and HTML documents.
- You can optionally specify a character set (CHARSET) column with CREATE INDEX. Defining document character-set on a per-row level is useful for indexing mixed character-set text tables.
Section Searching Improvements
- BASIC_SECTION_GROUP enhanced to parse tags with attributes.
- HTM_SECTION_GROUP enhanced to index META tag NAME and CONTENT attributes.
- XML_SECTION_GROUP enhanced to support defining sections with a document type limiter.
- XML_SECTION_GROUP enhanced to support defining and indexing of attribute sections.
- New AUTO_SECTION_GROUP. You can use this section group to automatically index XML sections and attributes.
- You can add sections dynamically after indexing with ALTER INDEX.
- New MULTI_LEXER allows you to index multi-language text tables, such as a table that contains English, French, and Japanese documents.
- No limit on number of themes generated per document.
- Japanese and Korean lexers enhanced to support UTF-8.
Wordlist and Storage Improvements
- BASIC_WORDLIST enhanced with new attribute for automatic language detection for fuzzy matching and word stemming.
- BASIC_WORDLIST enhanced with WILDCARD_MAXTERMS attribute which you can use to set term expansion limit.
- BASIC_WORDLIST enhanced with new SUBSTRING_INDEX boolean attribute you can enable to improve performance of double-truncated queries.
- BASIC_STORAGE enhanced with new P_TABLE_CLAUSE storage clause for substring index creation.
Document Services Improvements
- CTX_DOC procedures enhanced to allow you to identify documents by rowid in addition to primary key when you use procedures such as CTX_DOC.HIGHLIGHT and CTX_DOC.GIST.
- CTX_DOC procedures enhanced to allow optional in-memory result storage for faster response time.
- The following new procedures have been added to the CTX_THES PL/SQL package:
- All CTX_THES expansion functions and procedures support storing output expansions to a table.
Indexing and Query Improvements
- ALTER INDEX enhanced with parallel indexing clause to allow you to specify parallel degree.
- Index synchronize and optimize functionality added to PL/SQL interface CTX_DDL. This package has the following new functions:
- CTX_QUERY.BROWSE_WORDS new procedure lets you browse the index.
- ACCUM operator uses new scoring algorithm to correctly rank weighted operands.
- WITHIN operator enhanced to support hierarchical section searching, that is, querying sections within sections using a nested WITHIN clause.