|Oracle9i OLAP Services Concepts and Administration Guide for Windows
Release 1 (9.0.1) for Windows
Part Number A90371-01
Administering an OLAP Service, 2 of 15
Managing the Service Environment
Components of the service environment
OLAP Services runs within a service environment. Before you can run any of the administrative tools for OLAP Services, you must initialize its service environment.
OLAP Services uses the service environment provided by the Windows operating system. This service environment consists of the following components:
- OLAP Agent service is a process that runs continuously in the background to provide communications between OLAP Services administrative tools and the operating system. You can configure OLAP Agent service, as described in "Configuring OLAP Services Agent".
- A local repository stores configuration information about all local instances of OLAP Services, as described in "Changing the Configuration Settings", in the Windows registry.
Procedure: Starting and stopping the service environment
To initialize the service environment, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Choose the Services icon.
The Services dialog box is displayed.
- Select Oracle OLAP Agent from the list of services.
- Choose Start to initialize the service environment.
Choose Stop to stop the service environment.
- Choose Close to close the Services dialog box.