|Oracle9i OLAP User's Guide
Release 2 (9.2)
Part Number A95295-01
Upgrading From Express Server, 7 of 7
How to Upgrade an Express Database
Follow these steps to upgrade an Express database for use as an analytic workspace in Oracle9i:
- Open a connection with Express Server and create an EIF file of your Express database, using a command such as this:
EXPORT ALL TO EIF FILE 'upgrade.eif' REWRITE
upgrade.eif is the name of the file being created.
- Copy the file to a directory that has a directory alias in the Oracle database and to which you have access rights.
For information about directory aliases, refer to "Controlling Access to External Files".
- Open a connection to the Oracle database using OLAP Worksheet.
For information about using OLAP Worksheet, refer to the Oracle9i OLAP Developer's Guide to the OLAP DML.
- Create an empty analytic workspace with a command such as this:
AW CREATE financials TABLESPACE olapts
financials is the name of the analytic workspace and
olapts is the name of a tablespace allocated for your use. Note that the
DATABASE command has changed to the
- Copy the object definitions and data from the EIF file into the new analytic workspace with a command such as this:
IMPORT ALL FROM EIF FILE 'alias/upgrade.eif' DATA DFNS
alias is the name of the directory alias, and
upgrade.eif is the name of the EIF file.
- Save your changes to the new analytic workspace:
- Commit the new analytic workspace to the Oracle database:
- Revise any programs in the analytic workspace to delete references to obsolete commands. Save these changes.