|Oracle Workflow Guide
Part Number A95265-03
Oracle Support Policy for Predefined Workflows, Events, and Subscriptions
Oracle Workflow is embedded in Oracle Applications and is used by its modules to automate and streamline business processes. You can use Oracle Workflow Builder to easily modify an existing business process without changing its application's code. Oracle Workflow also allows you to extend your workflow processes as your business rules change and mature. Additionally, you can use the Event Manager to modify event and subscription definitions without changing application code.
Before you use Oracle Workflow to customize any predefined workflow process, event, or subscription, you should familiarize yourself with the following customization guidelines to ensure standard and safe design and development practices. By following these guidelines, you will be able to supply important information to Oracle Support Services in helping you resolve any issues that arise from your customizations.
- 1. Verify that all setup steps have been completed as documented in the Oracle Workflow Guide, and the product-specific User's Guides.
- 2. Test the unmodified seeded workflow, event, or subscription on a test database and ensure that it runs successfully with the setup and data specific to your environment.
- 3. Refer to the product-specific User's Guide and any documentation update, available on MetaLink, for the specific workflow, event, or subscription of interest. These documentation sources specifically mention what should NOT be modified. Oracle Support Services will not support modifications to any object that is specifically documented as not modifiable.
- 4. Gradually build in customizations step-by-step, and test the customized workflow or subscription after each step.
- 5. When creating PL/SQL procedures, conform to the standard PL/SQL API templates documented in the Oracle Workflow Guide. Be sure to handle exceptions in the event of an error so you can track down the procedure where the error has occurred.
- 6. Do not implement the customized workflow, event, or subscription in production without fully ensuring that it works successfully on a test database, which is a replica of your production setup.
Resolving Customization Issues
What Is NOT Supported
What Is Supported
Copyright © 1996, 2002 Oracle Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.