|Oracle Call Interface Programmer's Guide
Release 2 (9.2)
Part Number A96584-01
OCI Object Concepts
This part of the book contains chapters that describe the use of user-defined objects with OCI:
- Chapter 10, "OCI Object-Relational Programming", provides an introduction to object concepts and object-relational programming with OCI. Type evolution is also discussed.
- Chapter 11, "Object-Relational Datatypes", discusses object datatypes and how you can represent database objects as C structures. This chapter also describes OCI functions that map and manipulate datatypes. It covers binding and defining object-relational datatypes. The AnyType, AnyData, and AnyDataSet interfaces are presented.
- Chapter 12, "Direct Path Loading" A discussion of the direct path loading of data is presented.
- Chapter 13, "Object Cache Navigation", describes the object cache and how to navigate between objects.
- Chapter 14, "The Object Type Translator (OTT)", discusses how the OTT is used to convert database type definitions into host language representations.