Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > For Developers: Understanding How Workflow Processes Are Designed > Handling Errors >
Exceptions are defined in the WF Step Branch applet of the Process Designer.
To define an exception
- In Siebel Tools, make the appropriate process active by selecting it in the Workflow Processes OBLE.
- Right-click and select Edit Workflow Process.
- In the Palette Designer, drag and drop an exception connector from the palette area and connect it to an existing shape on the workspace. Be sure that the end of the connector is attached to the step.
- Click the exception arrow in the workflow diagram.
- In the WF Step Branch applet, select the exception and enter a name for the exception.
- Under Type, select Error Exception or User Defined Exception.
- Define the conditions that apply to the exception.