Siebel Finance Guide > Business Services for Siebel Financial Services >
Defining Properties for a Business Rule Process
- Variables that are used either to facilitate flow of data in and out of a process or to store information temporarily for the life of the process.
- Either global process properties or local procedure properties. Global properties are available for all procedures that are associated with the business rule process.
The property name:
- Must begin with a letter.
- Can contain alphanumeric, spaces, underscore, and hyphen.
- Cannot contain other special characters such as an ampersand (@ ) or exclamation mark (!).
- Are case sensitive and limited to 75 characters.
NOTE: If a procedure defines a local property with the same name as a global property, the local property takes precedence over the global property within the scope of that procedure.
This step is part of Process of Defining Business Rule Processes.