Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Installing the Siebel Web Server Extension > Postinstallation Tasks for the SWSE >
Editing the SWSE Configuration File (eapps.cfg)
The SWSE installer installs a single configuration file, eapps.cfg, for all the Siebel Business Applications located in SWSE_ROOT/bin.
The eapps.cfg file contains configuration information that you entered during the configuration of the SWSE, including identity and connectivity information for the Application Object Managers, and login and security settings.
You may, if desired, add selected optional parameters manually to affect the selected Siebel Web Client applications as a whole. You may also override the added parameters to determine the performance of one or more applications.
For detailed information about the structure and parameters of the eapps.cfg file, see the Siebel System Administration Guide. See also the Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications.
To edit the eapps.cfg file
- Open the eapps.cfg file, located in SWSE_ROOT/bin, using the editor of your choice.
- Make the desired changes. Save and close the file.
- Stop and restart the following processes in the order shown:
- Stop the Web server.
- Stop the Siebel Server, only if you have changed any Siebel Server parameter.
- Stop the Siebel Gateway Name Server, only if you have changed any Siebel Server parameter.
- Start the Siebel Gateway Name Server, only if you have changed any Siebel Server parameter.
- Start the Siebel Server, only if you have changed any Siebel Server parameter.
- Start the Web server.
For information about configuring security and authentication parameters in the eapps.cfg file for your deployment, see the Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications.