Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Creating an ADM Package > Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types >
Deploying ADM Sessions to File Using Command-Line Interface
Deploying Application Deployment Manager (ADM) sessions using the Siebel Server Manager command-line interface program (srvrmgr) is one means of creating an ADM deployment unit and is a step in Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types. For other options, see Deploying ADM Sessions to File Using ADM GUI.
Before deploying sessions using the command-line interface, make sure that the required configurations are complete and the deployment sessions exist. See Creating ADM Deployment Sessions for information on creating deployment sessions and other required configurations. Also make sure ADM batch workflows are deployed and activated.
To export a deployment session file using Server Manager command-line interface
- In the source system, make sure that the deployment sessions intended for srvrmgr deployment have the field, Export to File, checked.
See Creating ADM Deployment Sessions for more information on deployment sessions.
- In the source system, make sure the Deployment Lock value is checked and your Server Manager user ID is in the Locked By field for each session.
NOTE: You can migrate only deployment sessions that are locked with your user ID.
- Start Server Manager command-line interface (srvrmgr program) with your user ID.
For more information on this procedure, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
- Verify that the server component Workflow Process Manager (WfProcMgr) is online (status is Running) by entering the following command:
list comp WfProcMgr for server
If it is not running and online, enable the Workflow component group and restart the Siebel Server. For more information on these procedures, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
- Enter the following command at the Server Manager command-line interface prompt:
start task for comp WfProcMgr server Siebel_Server_Name with ProcessName="UDA Batch Deployment", RowID="Session_ID"
Siebel_Server_Name is the name of the Siebel Server.
- UDA Batch Deployment is the name of the workflow process. This value is case-sensitive.
is the session ID of the deployment session created earlier through the ADM GUI.