Siebel Deployment Planning Guide > Siebel Architecture Overview >
About Siebel Enterprise Application Integration
Siebel Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) provides components for integrating Siebel Business Applications with external applications and technologies. It is designed to work with third-party solutions such as those from IBM, CrossWorlds, TIBCO, Vitria, SeeBeyond, webMethods, and others.
Siebel EAI provides bidirectional real-time and batch solutions for integrating Siebel applications with other applications.
Siebel EAI is designed as a set of interfaces that interact with each other and with other components within the Siebel application. These interfaces are compatible with IBM MQSeries; Microsoft MSMQ; Java and J2EE; XML; HTTP; and many other standards.
Siebel EAI interfaces do the following:
- Allow a flexible service-based architecture built on top of configurable messages using XML and other formats
- Expose internal Siebel objects to external applications
- Take advantage of prebuilt adapters and enterprise connectors, and are compatible with third-party adapters and connectors
- Allow for data transformation
- Integrate external data through virtual business components (VBCs)
- Provide a graphical business process designer, programmatic interfaces, and a high-volume batch interface
For more information about Siebel EAI, see Overview: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration.