Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Time Reporting and Time Sheets > End-User Procedures for Time Reporting and Time Sheets >
Using the Time Sheet Item Summary View and the Spread Button
The following procedure explains how to add a project-level time entry to a time sheet, using the Time Sheet Item Summary View.
In this view, end users can specify time worked for each day. Alternatively, they can enter the total number of hours worked for the specified period in the Spread Hours field, and then use the Spread button to allocate the hours evenly across each workday in the period. For example, if an end user enters 20 hours worked on a specific project during the period, clicking Spread allocates 4 hours to each of 5 workdays.
To add a project-level time entry using the Time Sheet Item Summary view
- Navigate to the Time Sheets screen.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected time sheet record to which you want to add time entries.
- In the Line Items link bar, click the Summary link.
- Create a new record.
- In the Project field, click the select button to display the Pick Project dialog box, select the project associated with the time entry, and then click OK.
If there is a project specified in the Time Sheet form, the Project field in each Line Items record in the Time Sheet Item Summary view defaults to that value.
- In the Project Role field, click the select button to display the Pick Project Team dialog box, select the role you performed for the selected project, and then click OK.
NOTE: Entering values in the Project and Project Role fields allows the hourly rate to appear in the time sheet (as long as you are on the project access list and a role is defined for you in the Team Workbook).
- If the time is billable to a customer, select the check box in the Billable Flag field.
- Use one of the following methods to specify the time worked for the selected project:
- In each applicable date column, enter the time worked for the selected project on that date.
- In the Spread Hours field, enter the total time worked for the selected project during the period, and then click Spread to distribute the hours evenly across workdays.