Siebel Server Sync Guide > Administering Siebel Server Sync for Microsoft Exchange Server > Process of Configuring Siebel and PIM Domain Characteristics >
Setting Required Siebel Domain Fields and Defaults
You can set which Siebel domain fields require a value, and must specify a default value for each required field.
When a user creates a new contact, appointment, employee, or to do record in Siebel Business Applications, the application cannot save the record until all required fields have a value. Similarly, if a user creates a new Microsoft Exchange contact or task record, SSSE synchronizes the record only if either the administrator has specified a default value to use when the field is empty, or if the Microsoft Exchange record includes values to synchronize with all Siebel fields that require them.
This task is a step in Process of Configuring Siebel and PIM Domain Characteristics.
The following procedure describes how to specify that a field requires a value, and how to provide a default value for that field.
To set required Siebel domain fields and defaults
- Navigate to the Administration - PIM Server Integration screen, then the Siebel Domains view.
- In the Siebel Domains list, select the domain for which you want to set required fields.
- In the Siebel Domain Fields list, select the field you want to make required.
- Select the Required check box.
NOTE: If Required field is not visible, to make it visible click Menu and choose Columns Displayed.
- In the Default Value field, enter the value you want to use as the default value.