Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring the Siebel Database >
Installing the Stored Procedures and User-Defined Functions on DB2 UDB
On DB2 UDB, after installing the Database Configuration Utilities, you must copy stored procedures and user-defined functions (UDFs) from the Database Configuration Utilities installation to the DB2 UDB database server.
Any method that transfers the necessary files to the correct location on the database server is acceptable.
To copy the stored procedure code, complete the procedure that follows. Use the steps appropriate to the operating systems for the Database Configuration Utilities and the RDBMS.
For information on how to perform basic DB2 UDB tasks, see IBM's Quick Beginnings guide.
To copy and install the stored procedures
- Log on to the Siebel Server machine on which you installed the Database Configuration Utilities.
- Navigate to the following subdirectory in the Database Configuration Utilities installation directory:
- DBSRVR_ROOT = The Database Configuration Utilities component subdirectory of your Siebel Business Applications installation directory (SIEBEL_ROOT\dbsrvr)
- DBSRVR_OS = The operating system your database server (RDBMS) runs on, such as WIN32
- Copy the file siebproc.dll to the FUNCTION subdirectory within the DB2 UDB instance directory on the RDBMS machine where DB2 UDB is installed.
For example, on Windows, this location might be C:\SQLLIB\FUNCTION or C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\FUNCTION.
NOTE: If you are deploying with DB2 UDB v8 64-bit, then you need to copy the siebproc64.dll library file to the SQLLIB\FUNCTION directory and rename it to siebproc.dll.
- Proceed to Configuring the Siebel Database on the RDBMS.