Siebel Employee Relationship Management Administration Guide > Managing Group News >
Designating Group News Approvers
The Group News Approver workflow that you create allows you to automatically send content from the creator to the first level approver, and then to the second level approver.
When setting up approvers, make sure that the number of approvers entered in the Approvers list equals the number of approvers required by the selected approver workflow. If you select fewer approvers than required by the approver workflow, the news story is not routed for approvals or published. If you select more approvers than required by the approver workflow, the news story is not routed to all of the approvers.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Group News.
To select the group news approvers
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Group News > Content Path.
- In the Content Path list, select the content path, and then click the Approvers view tab.
- In the Approvers list, add a new record, and then complete the fields.
- In the Position field, query for the position associated with the employee designated as an approver.
- In the Sequence field, enter a sequence number for the approver.
The sequence number indicates the order in which approvers approve the news story. The first approver has a sequence number of 1.
Repeat this procedure for each approver level in the selected workflow.