Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Customizing a Development Environment >
About Customizing Your Development Environment
Customization of Siebel eBusiness Applications within your development environment includes:
- Converting nonpartitioned tables to partitioned tables
- Changing views, business objects, applets, and tables
- Adding new columns to existing tables and adding new tables
- Modifying workflow policies and workflow processes
These tasks are documented in Using Siebel Tools and Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide. However, several procedures and concerns are specific to DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390, so they are therefore included in this chapter.
This chapter assumes that you perform your development on either of the following:
- DB2 UDB on a Windows, AIX, or Solaris machine
- DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 on a partition of your zSeries machine reserved for development
In many cases, changes to user-acceptance and production (server) databases are made by a database administrator working within a change-management system. Therefore, this guide includes procedures for generating Data Definition Language (DDL) files that are later applied to databases.