Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Migrating Data Using Siebel EIM > Improving EIM Performance During the Import Process >
Tuning Your EIM Import Process
Review and tune your EIM process for each set of business data you load, for example, Opportunities, Contacts, or Products.
To tune each EIM import process
- Load a single batch with the following flags set in your configuration file:
- Identify SQL statements that might be taking too long to execute.
- Using the DB2 EXPLAIN utility, populate the explain table with information on how the DB2 Optimizer is executing each of these SQL statements. Pay particular attention to any changes in the default optimization level in the EIM log.
- Based on the Access Plan and other information from the EXPLAIN output, determine required indexes for EIM and base tables.
- Run EIM with parameters to reach each partition and repeat single process tuning.
.ifb file tuning for each process. Remove unnecessary foreign keys.
- Execute the REORG utility on base tables to build a compression dictionary.
- Perform parallel process tuning.
- Perform buffer pool tuning.
- Execute STOSPACE on base tables. This collects storage information on DB2 objects.
- Perform RUNSTATS on base and EIM tables.
- Perform EXPLAINs to verify access path (required indexes).
- Modify statistics if required.
- Drop unused indexes on base and EIM tables.
- Check space and resize table spaces if necessary.