Product Administration Guide > Build Customizable Products >
Adding Products Using the Dynamic Class Domain
This method of adding products maintains a connection to the class system. When the work space is refreshed, Dynamic Class relationships are updated from the class system. For example, if you add a new product to a class in the class system, this product is added to the relationship containing this class when you refresh the work space or release a new version of the customizable product.
When you refresh the work space to update the contents of the relationship, you must reenter the sequence numbers in the relationship definition.
The products you select must be orderable. To make a product orderable, place a check mark in the Orderable check box in the product record.
When you are finished adding products, you can verify your work by validating the customizable product. Validating a customizable product displays the selection pages a user sees during a configuration session. To validate the customizable product, from the Products Designer menu, choose Validate.
To add products using the Dynamic Class domain
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select and lock the desired customizable product.
- From the Customizable Product Show menu, choose Product Designer.
The Product Designer view appears.
- Add a new record.
- Enter a Relationship name in the Relationship Name field.
- Open the drop-down menu in the Domain Type field and choose Dynamic Class.
- In the Class Name field:
- Click the select button.
A dialog box appears that contains one record for each class and for each subclass in the class system. Selecting a class selects all of its subclasses.
- In the dialog box, select a class.
The class displays in the Class Name field.
- In the Define Domain field:
- Click the select button.
A dialog box appears that displays all the products in the class.
- In the dialog box, click Add All.
A check mark displays in the "Is in domain" field for all the products in the class.
- Use the following buttons to select a default product:
- Set as Default button. Adds the product to the relationship and makes it the default product. In the Product Designer, the product name displays in the Default Product field at the relationship level.
- Clear Default button. Removes the product from the relationship's Default Product field. Does not remove the product from the relationship.
- When you have finished adding products, click Close in the dialog box.
In the Product Designer, the relationship icon displays as a folder.
- Enter cardinalities, as needed:
- Enter the Min, Default, and Max Cardinalities for the relationship as needed.
- Click the folder to display the products you added.
- Enter the Min, Default, and Max Cardinalities for each item in the relationship as needed.
- Remove the check mark from the Forecastable field for items as needed.
Removing the check mark means the item will not be included in product forecasts when the opportunity is updated for quotes, orders, and so on contained the customizable product.
- For each product in the relationship, enter a sequence number in the Sequence Number Field.
The item with sequence number 1 displays first within the relationship in selection pages. If your display is not wide enough to show the Sequence Number field, manually adjust column widths to bring the Sequence Number field into view.