Product Administration Guide > Build Customizable Products >
Adding a Single Product
Use this procedure to create a relationship that contains a single product.
The product you select must be orderable. To make a product orderable, place a check mark in the Orderable check box in the product record.
When you are finished adding products, you can verify your work by validating the customizable product. Validating a customizable product displays the selection pages a user sees during a configuration session. To validate the customizable product, from the Products Designer menu, choose Validate.
To add a single-product relationship
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select and lock the desired customizable product.
- From the Customizable Product Show menu, choose Product Designer.
The Product Designer view appears.
- Add a new record.
- Enter a relationship name.
- Click in the Product field to expose the select button. Click the select button.
A dialog box appears that displays all the available products.
- In the dialog box, select the desired product.
The record appears in the Product Designer.
- Set the Min, Max and Default Cardinalities.