Upgrading WSRP Producer 1.0 Installations
To upgrade an existing WSRP Producer 1.0 installation to
use WSRP Producer 1.1 MP1, you must update the portlets.xml file to
use the 1.1 MP1 wsrp-producer.xml file format.
In the 1.0 version of the WSRP Producer, portlet metadata
was entered in the portlets.xml
file located in the \bin subdirectory
of the WSRP Producer web application. In the 1.1 MP1 version of the
WSRP Producer, this file has been renamed wsrp-producer.xml
and contains additional configuration settings that control the
functionality of the WSRP Producer.
The 1.0 portlets.xml format
is not forward compatible with the 1.1 MP1 WSRP Producer and must
be upgraded to the 1.1 MP1 wsrp-producer.xml format. The required
changes are summarized below.
- Change the portlets.xml file name to “wsrp-producer.xml”.
- Wrap the 1.0 root element <portlets> in the new root element <wsrp-producer>.
- Change the default namespace to http://www.bea.com/al/dotnet/wsrpproducer/1.1.
- Add a namespace declaration to the root element for the
xml schema namespace using the “xs” prefix as follows: xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
- Within each <portlet> element, make
the following changes:
- Remove all <portlet-name> elements.
This element is no longer used.
- If you have multiple <display-name> elements for a single portlet, remove all but one. Only a single <display-name> element is allowed for each portlet.
If you included display name localization information in portlets.xml,
it must be changed to the new format. For detailed instructions, see Localizing Portlet Metadata in the WSRP Development Guide included
with the .NET Application Accelerator.
- Rename the <view-url> element
to <url> and add the id attribute
with the value “default”..
- In the <supports> element, make
the following changes in each <portlet-mode> element:
For example, this entry in portlets.xml:
- Add the child element <name> and set the
text content as follows:
- If portlet-mode was “View” use “wsrp:view” as the value of the <name> element.
- If portlet-mode was “Edit” use “wsrp:edit” as the value of the <name> element.
- If portlet-mode was “Preview” use “wsrp:preview” as the value
of the <name> element.
- Add the child element <url> with a single idref attribute with the value “default”.
becomes this entry in wsrp-producer.xml:
- In the <portlet-info> element,
add a lang attribute with the appropriate locale
(usually “en”) to the <title> and <short-title> elements.
- Rename the <portlet-preferences> element to <portlet-properties>. Rename each <preference> child element to <property> and add a type attribute with the value “xs:string”.
For more information on wsrp-producer.xml, see WSRP Producer
Configuration Elements (wsrp-producer.xml)
in the WSRP Development Guide
. For a detailed schema
reference, see the wsrp-producer.xsd file in the WSRP Producer bin