Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Assessments >
Performing an Assessment (End User)
You can perform assessments of accounts, contacts, and opportunities.
You can use account assessments to compare accounts, to compare accounts with a model, or to determine what information is present or not for an account. You complete the assessment by selecting the appropriate values for the different accounts.
The following procedure shows how to assess an opportunity, but the procedure is essentially the same for any screen where assessments can be performed.
An opportunity assessment helps you qualify opportunities and verify resource allocation. Using an assessment template, you can select values and attributes to assign a composite value to the opportunity.
NOTE: In some companies, your Siebel application automatically generates assessments, but if this process has not been automated, you can manually create assessments.
This task is a step in Process of Administering and Using Assessments.
To perform an assessment
- Navigate to the appropriate Assessments view. For example, to assess an opportunity, navigate to Opportunities, List, and then Assessments.
- Query for the first item that you want to assess, then click the Assessments view tab.
- In the Assessments list, create a new record, and complete the necessary fields:
- In the Template Name field, click the select button.
The Select Assessment Template dialog box appears.
- Select the template, and then click OK.
Alternatively, select a record from the list of assessment templates.
- Click the Assessment Attributes subview tab.
- For each assessment attribute, select the appropriate value for the attribute from the drop-down list in the Value field.
A composite assessment value for the item appears as a percentage value in the Percent field in the Assessments view. This percentage compares the value you entered with the maximum possible value for the item.