Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Administering and Using Inbox >
Taking Action on Inbox Items
Users can take action on items that are sent to them for approval. The most typical actions are to approve, reject, and acknowledge items. The actions available to the user are determined by the Inbox type of the item.
This task is a step in Process of Using the Inbox.
To approve or reject an Inbox item
- Navigate to the Inbox screen, then the Inbox Items List view.
- From the visibility filter, select My Inbox Items or My Team's Inbox Items.
- In the Inbox Items list, select the item that you want to approve or reject.
NOTE: You can drill down on the Name field to review the feature object.
- In the Action field, select the appropriate action, for example, Approved.
- (Optional) In the Comments field, enter a brief explanation.
When the record is saved, the business service and method defined in the Inbox type for the action are triggered.