Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Literature >
Creating and Modifying Literature Files
Literature files can be created or saved using many kinds of software. The following file types are among the most common:
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF )
- Excel (XLS)
- Word (DOC)
- PowerPoint (PPT)
- Bitmap (BMP)
- JPEG (JPG)
To create a new literature file
- Create a literature file in the appropriate software application.
- Save the file on your hard drive.
Modifying an Existing Literature File
Complete the following procedure to modify an existing literature file.
To modify an existing literature file
- Navigate to the Administration - Document screen, then the Literature view.
- Select the literature file that you want to modify.
Information about the file appears in the More Info form. You can use this form to change existing comments or characteristics; for example, Distribution Method.
- Drill down on the File Name field for the literature file that you want to modify.
The actual literature file opens in the type of tool that was used to create it; for example, Word.
- Modify the file, and save it locally.
- Upload the modified file to the existing Literature record.