Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Signature Capture >
Registering the OCX File
The file cicink.ocx contains the Ink Capture and Display ActiveX control. You must extract the file cicink.ocx from the file iTools.cab, then register the file on the host for Siebel Tools.
This task is a step in Roadmap for Implementing Signature Capture.
To register the OCX file
- Check that the file iTools.cab is present on the host for Siebel Tools.
- If iTools.cab is not present, copy the file to the host from one of the following locations:
- drive_letter:\SWEApp\PUBLIC\language\build_number\applets. For example, D:\SWEApp\PUBLIC\enu\19213\applets.
- drive_letter:\siebsrvr\WEBMASTER\build_number\applets. For example, D:\siebsrvr\WEBMASTER\19213\applets.
- drive_letter:\client\PUBLIC\language\build_number\APPLETS. For example, D:\client\PUBLIC\enu\19213\APPLETS.
- Decompress the iTools.cab file, then extract the cicink.ocx file from the file.
- In a Windows command prompt, change directory to the directory where the cicink.ocx file is located.
- To register the file, run the following command: