Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Web Services >
Getting the Data for a Mail Merge from the Siebel Database
You can use the Word Web service to get contact information for a mail merge from your Siebel database. You perform the following actions to create the query to run:
- Select the business component from which you want contact information.
- Specify conditions to apply to the contact records. You can specify up to six conditions.
- Select the fields you require from the contact records. You can specify up to 40 fields.
When you run the query, the output is saved in a local area as the data source for your mail merge.
This task is a step in Process of Using Word Web Service to Perform a Mail Merge.
To get contact data from the Siebel database
- In Word, open the document template.
- Click the Get Siebel Data button, then select the type of information you want to include in mail merge. Select one of the following options:
- Enter your Siebel username and password, then click Login.
- Specify any conditions that you want to apply to the data on the Filters tab of the Define List dialog box.
- Click the Fields tab, then use the dialog to specify the fields that you want to include in the report.
- Click OK.