Siebel Field Service Guide > Service Activities > Process of Managing Service Activities >
Using the Task UI Application to Perform a Service Activity (End User)
This topic includes an example procedure with steps that you perform to use the Execute Field Task Start to Finish task. For more information, see About Using the Task UI Application to Perform Service Activities.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Service Activities.
To perform a service activity from Start to Finish
- Navigate to the Activities screen, then the Activity List view.
- Click Task.
- In the Task UI pane, click Execute Field Task Start to Finish.
- In the Review Address and Details screen, review and adjust any necessary fields, and click Next.
- In the Check Trunk for Recommended Inventory screen, review the inventory information, and click Next.
The following options are available:
- Check Trunk
- Create Order for Selected Parts
- Service Order All
- In the Update Status screen, select an action for the activity, such as Mark as In Progress, and click Next.
- In the Review and Submit screen, review the information for the activity, and click Submit.
- In the Review and Record Steps screen, record the steps for the activity.
You can select from the options such as Automated Diagnostic Test, Customer Approval, Install New Parts, Customer Satisfaction Survey, or query for another step.
- In the Choose Part Transaction screen, select a part transaction for the activity, or select Continue.
- In the Parts Transaction Summary screen, click Commit or Commit All to commit the part transactions in inventory.
- In the Update Time Sheet screen, enter or update the time records for the selected activity.
- In the Activity Expenses screen, enter or update the expense records for the selected activity.
- In the Select Invoice Option screen, generate an invoice, generate charges and review, or continue.
- In the Review and Submit screen, review the activity, and click Submit.