Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld Guide > Using Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld >
Executing a Retail Order with Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld
At retail outlets, another frequent activity for sales representatives is taking retail orders.
To execute a retail order
- Navigate to the Outlet Visits screen, select a record, then tap Prepare Visit.
- Create a new record by tapping in the Activity detail list, then tapping the New Record button.
- Tap in the Type field, and select Retail Order activity from the drop-down list, and tap Start Activity.
The Order Line Items view appears.
NOTE: This assumes you prepared the visit as described in Preparing for a Visit with Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld.
- Enter the order details in the list in the Order Line Items view.
The products shown are taken from the distribution list for that particular account. List Price and List Tax fields are automatically populated based on the product listed. The Bonus quantity and Extended Tax and Price are calculated based on the quantity.
You can enter Order Qty for two units of measure and you can use the Qty UOM1 and Qty UOM2 to capture the order quantity. For more information about Qty UOM1 and Qty UOM2, see To do a cycle count.
NOTE: This is a three-applet view. To toggle between the applets, select the applet on the right and tap Toggle (or select View, then Toggle from the menu).
- When the order is complete, tap Invoice.
Tapping Invoice does the following:
- Checks each line item to see if there is sufficient on-hand stock to fulfill the order. If there is not, an error message appears. You will have the option of having the system update the order based on available stock quantity or returning to the Order Line Items view to manually edit the order.
- If there is enough inventory, checks if the order total exceeds the Available Credit. If the order total is more than the available credit, a warning message appears.
- Changes the status of the order to Billed.
- Removes all zero-quantity line items.
- Creates the invoice.
- Opens the Invoice Line Items view.
NOTE: Alternately, tapping the Book button creates an invoice for the order within the Handheld application that will be processed at a later date (for example, by the distribution center). For more information about booked status, see Buttons and Status in Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld.
- From the Invoice Line Items view, do one of the following:
- Tap Deliver.
Tapping Deliver does the following:
- Updates the inventory base on the order.
- Changes the status of the invoice.
- Tap Pay.
Taping Pay does the following:
- Tap Print to print an invoice for the order.
- To collect payment on the invoice, tap Pay.
For information on collecting payment for the invoice, see Working with Billings in Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld.
NOTE: If the end user has a portable printer, the documents can be printed as each activity is completed. Otherwise, the documents are sent to a queue to be printed in batch at a later time. For more information about printing, see Working with Siebel Handheld Applications.
- Tap the Visit Home button to return to the Visit Activities view of the Outlet Visits screen.
- Select the Retail Order activity and tap End Activity.