Siebel Healthcare Guide > Individual Health Policies >
Adding Insurance Products and Product Lines
As an administrator, you can add products to the Siebel database. This section describes the procedure for setting up products and product lines in general terms. You can also specify that a product line is one that your company contracts agencies to sell, or that the state licenses agencies to sell, or both.
For more information about adding product and product lines, see Siebel Product Administration Guide and Siebel Applications Administration Guide.
To add an insurance product
- Set up the product class structure, including product class attributes.
- Add the products to the Siebel database and associate them with the appropriate class.
- In the Category field in the Products list, select Individual Health Insurance.
- Include the product in a product line.
Specifying Product Line Type
Use the following procedure to specify product line type.
To specify product line type
- Navigate to Site Map, Administration - Product, and then Product Lines.
- In the Product Line list, select the desired product line record and then check one or both of the following fields:
- Contracting. To specify that the product line is one that your company contracts agencies to sell.
This product line will appear to end users as a choice in the Lines of Business dialog box in the Partners screen and then the Contracts view tab.
- Licensing. To specify that the product line is one that agencies can be granted a state license to sell.
This product line will appear to end-users as a choice in the Lines of Business dialog box in the Partners screen and then the Licenses & Appointments view tab.