Siebel Product Administration Guide > Siebel Configurator API Reference > Instance APIs for the Complex Object Manager >
This method initializes a configuration session, which is necessary for products with components that have constraint rules. It is called immediately following LoadInstance where required.
- ObjId. The unique identifier of the complex object header (for example, Quote Id).
- RootId. The unique identifier of the complex object root (for example, Quote Line Item row id).
- IntObjName. The name of the integration object specified in Oracle's Siebel Tools.
- TriggerEvent. The flag that determines if script events are triggered. Normally, it must be set to Y. Set to N for special uses of the API where script events are not desired. LoadInstance and CreateSession must have the same setting.
- (Optional) Version. Version arguments are used only when testing a customizable product version that is different from the currently released version.
- (Optional) NewRecord. If set to Y, the instance will be populated with default values. The default is N.
- (Optional) AutoSync. If set to Y, the instance will be synchronized to the database immediately after loading. The default is N.
- (Optional) ExternalScript. This parameter must be set to Y when running headless configurations (for example, through Siebel COM Data Server). The default is N.
If NewRecord is set to Y in the input property, the output will have the instance property set returned as a child of type CxObj. This is essentially the same output as the one that is returned from GetInstance.