Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Additional Postinstallation and Configuration Tasks >
Starting the Siebel Gateway Name Server
If, during configuration, you selected manual start for the Siebel Gateway Name Server, then you must make sure that the Siebel Gateway Name Server is started when you do any of the following:
- Create and configure the Siebel Enterprise
- Configure a new Siebel Server
- Operate any of the Siebel applications
- Remove the configuration of a Siebel Server (such as when you are uninstalling) or the Siebel Enterprise
NOTE: It is recommended that you review the Siebel Gateway Name Server log files, which are found in the
To verify that the Siebel Gateway Name Server has started
To configure the Siebel environment shell script to source automatically whenever a Siebel administrator logs on, specify the shell as the default for administrator accounts. Then, add this command to the startup file for the administrator's account.
To verify that the Siebel Gateway Name Server is running
- Enter the following command:
You receive a response similar to this:
started at Tue Jul 02 15:33:26 2013, pid: 4024, autostart: yes
- If the Siebel Gateway Name Server is stopped, then do the following:
- Execute the
start_ns command to start the Siebel Gateway Name Server. For more information, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
list_ns to verify that it is operating correctly.