Siebel Email Administration Guide > Using Communications Operations > Process of Managing Email Messages for Siebel Email Response >
Saving Drafts of Outgoing Messages
When composing an outgoing message, agents might not have the time or information that they need to complete the message and then send it. They can save this incomplete message, and then later retrieve this draft to complete the message before sending it. For more information, see Retrieving Drafts of Outgoing Messages.
You can also save a draft of a sent message.
After you save a draft of an outgoing message:
- If you select the Remain on Same View After Send (Cancel) field in the Outbound Communications view of the User Preferences screen, then the outgoing message form continues to appear. You must navigate to the Communications List view to see a record of the draft of the outgoing message.
- If you do not select the Remain on Same View After Send (Cancel) field in the Outbound Communications view of the User Preferences screen, then the Communications List view appears.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Email Messages for Siebel Email Response.
To save a draft of an outgoing message
- Navigate to the Communications screen, then the Communications List view.
- Select Inbox or Sent Items in the Saved Queries field of the toolbar.
- In the list of email messages, select the message that you want to save as a draft.
- Navigate to the outgoing message form:
- Click Reply to respond to only the individual who sent the message.
- Click Reply to All to respond to the individual who sent the message and to the individuals in the Cc: field of the message.
- Click Forward to respond to the individuals whom you select in the outgoing message form.
The form for the incoming message appears at the top of the screen. To show or hide the body of the incoming message, you can click the show more or show less button in the top-right corner of the incoming message form.
The form for your outgoing message appears below the form for the incoming message.
- Enter text for the outgoing message in the area of the message body that is above the Thread ID reference.
At the top or bottom of the outgoing message form, click Delete if you want to delete the outgoing message. To expedite text entry, you can use templates. For more information, see Using Templates in Outgoing Messages.
- At the top of the outgoing message form, click Save As Draft.
- If you want to make further changes to the draft, then click Resume, enter the changes, and click Save As Draft again.
The message is saved as a draft.
NOTE: If you do not click Save As Draft, then the message is still saved as a draft when you navigate to another screen or view in Siebel Email Response.
- (Optional) To view the record for the draft message, select Drafts in the Saved Queries field of the toolbar.