These new features have been added to this release. For detailed information on these features, see the Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision Administrator’s Guide and Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision User Guide.
You can now add Custom dimensions to applications by creating a new application profile or editing an existing profile. In addition, if you add additional Custom dimensions, they are displayed in a new Custom Properties screen.
These new data forms and reports have been added to support tax provisioning under IFRS:
· Deferred Tax - IFRS
The deferred tax rollforward and related forms and reports have been added to include the impact of the adjustments for deferred tax not recognized.
· Deferred Tax Not Recognized
The Deferred Tax Not Recognized form and report have been added to allow you to adjust deferred tax amounts as required.
· Sch – Book v. Tax Analyses (Schedules 1 through 4)
· Book versus tax rollforward forms and reports have been added to allow you to rollforward and compare book and tax basis activity for purposes of deriving the differences that will impact the tax provision. Differences can be automated into the tax provision using standard tax automation in Tax Provision.
· In addition, Book vs. Tax (BVTAccounts) have been added to the hierarchy, and the ClosingBVT parent member has been added to the RollForward dimension for Supplemental Schedule accounts.
· Sch – Tax Risk Provision
The tax risk provision form and report was added to allow you to rollforward tax contingencies. Amounts can be automated into the tax provision using standard tax automation in Tax Provision.
· Sch – Tax in Equity & Reserves
The tax in equity & reserves form and report was added to allow you to calculate the current and deferred tax impact of amounts impacting equity and other non-Profit and Loss related items.
· Tax Rates - IFRS
The tax rates – IFRS form and report has been added to include the ability to enter a current year tax rate on amounts impacting equity and other non-Profit and Loss related items.
The interim tax provision form and report has been added to provide the ability to calculate the interim tax provision using an annualized effective tax rate approach.
You can apply an override tax rate on accounts for the calculation of Deferred Taxes. The TaxSettings account subgroup now includes OverrideTaxRates in the account hierarchy.
Support for Return to Accrual Regional has been added. The RTA Regional data form is provided.
During the monthly or year-end rollover process, you can use the new CopyTaxRules rule to copy Tax Automation rules from the previous period. During the year-end process, you can use the CopyTaxRates rule to copy rates from the last period of the prior year to the current period.
The Tax Automation process includes these additional features:
· Override or Accumulate mode – When you have multiple rules defined for one account, you can now select the TaxAutomation mode. For the Override option, the computed value of the second rule replaces the previously computed value for the account. For Accumulate, the computed value of the second rule is accumulated with the previously computed value for the account.
· Support for member lists and multiple members for accounts
· Support for new Destination RollForward option
· Support for multiple source accounts for Squeeze and Movement methods
When you run Tax Automation with Trace, the system calculates the tax automation amount and writes the information on the source accounts, percentage, and amounts to the TaxAutomationTrace cell text label, so that you can view it in cell text. Two new data forms are available to view the trace information: Tax Automation Trace, and Tax Automation Trace Regional.
Support has been added for the corresponding level of Tax Loss and Credit details at the Regional level. Detail accounts have been added to the hierarchy under TaxLossesD and TaxCreditsD. In addition, Expiration and Origination years, and NoExpiration and UnCategorized members have been added for TaxLosses and TaxCredits.
These new OnDemand Rules have been added, which you can run from data forms:
· CopyTaxRates – copies tax rates from P12 of the prior year to P1 of the current year
· CopyTaxRules – copies Tax Automation rules from the previous period to the current period
· CopyTLCExpirationYear – copies Tax Losses/Credits Expiration Year cell text from a previous year or period
· TaxAutomation – runs the Tax Automation process
· TaxAutomationTrace – runs the Tax Automation process and applies details of the input data to cell text
· TLCOriginationYear – writes Tax Losses/Credits Origination Year cell text
You can identify the accounts to be used per Entity, and display only the accounts valid for an entity. You can specify Inactive accounts in two new data forms, NInactive and Rinactive. NInactive and RInactive parent account members have been added to the account hierarchy.
Late-breaking information about the installation of EPM System products is provided in the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Installation and Configuration Readme. Review this information thoroughly before installing EPM System products.
Information about system requirements and supported platforms for EPM System products is available in spreadsheet format in the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Certification Matrix. This matrix is posted on the Oracle Fusion Middleware Supported System Configurations page on Oracle Technology Network (OTN):
The application has been developed and tested on Oracle Hyperion Financial Management 188.8.131.52.
The following Hyperion Financial Management Patch Set Update must be applied:
· HFM 184.108.40.206: PSU: 220.127.116.11.304 (Patch 15960227)
The following Financial Reporting Patch Set Update must be applied:
· FR 18.104.22.168: PSU: 22.214.171.124.300 (Patch 13997553)
The following Hyperion Shared Services Patch Set Update must be applied:
· HSS 126.96.36.199: PSU: 188.8.131.52.300 (Patch 14020629)
The following Smart View Patch Set Update must be applied:
· SV 184.108.40.206: PSU: 220.127.116.11.300 (Patch 14362638)
The following Hyperion Business Intelligence Workspace Patch Set Update must be applied:
· HSS 18.104.22.168: PSU: 22.214.171.124.300 (Patch 13936087)
The following Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management Architect Patch Set Update must be applied (Optional Component):
· HSS 126.96.36.199: PSU: 188.8.131.52.300 (Patch 14031912)
The following ADF patch must be applied to all environments supporting Tax Provision applications:
· ADF patch 16809377
The following issues are the noteworthy known issues of this release.
· 17018074 – On the Permanent Account Properties screen, both National and Regional Tax Credit and Attribute accounts display, however these should be displayed on the Temporary Account Properties screen.
· 17018016 – On the Temporary Account Properties screen, the property setting for Tax Rate Change in Equity does not display.
· 17016594 – On the Return to Accrual form, the Tax Credit Accounts Foreign Tax Credit, General Business Credit and Jobs Credit should all be input accounts for Rollforward member Return Adjustments. Data can be entered into these accounts on the Current Provision data form.
· 16979008 – If you run the deploy.bat file for deploying the TaxProvision.ear file, make sure that deployments are not locked.
· 16959100 – When you open data forms in Smart View that use both the override option and cell text, you may experience errors.
· 16922305 – On the Temporary Account Properties Screen, if you search for an account, not all of the account’s properties are displayed.
· 16291186 – On the Tax Automation screen, if you repeatedly open the member selector and add members, the system times out and you need to log off the application.
· 16237080 – On the Tax Automation Screen, moving a rule overwrites other rules.
To troubleshoot calculations, there are options to enable detail logging for individual sections of the code. To enable logging, set the constant variables which start with DEBUG_ON_XXXX (where XXXX is the component or area) to True. Load the files after that and then perform the desired calculation. Details of calculations are logged in C:\Temp\DebugLogs in a file named <Application_Name>_RLE_Debug.log.
Troubleshooting the Tax Provision UI
To enable logging from custom logging screens, merge the content of the logging.xml from the zip file with the logging.xml of the WebLogic server to which the custom screens are deployed. Typically, WebLogic servers will be EPMServerX or HFMWebX, where X is a numeric digit. The logging.xml for the server can be typically found in %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\user_projects\domains\<Domain>\config\fmwconfig\servers\<WLServer> directory. There are two sections in the logging xml: log_handler and logger. Both snippets of xml must be merged to the correct parent xml tag.
For guidance on implementing and using Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision, refer to the Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision Administrator’s Guide and the Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision User Guide.
Periodic updates to the documentation for Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision will be available for downloading or viewing from the EPM System Documentation area of the OTN Web site (http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/epm.html).
(c) 2013, Oracle and / or its affiliates. All rights reserved.