The JavaTM Web Services Developer Pack (Java WSDP) is an all-in-one download that contains key technologies to simplify building of Web services using the Java 2 Platform. The technologies comprising your installation of the Java WSDP are:
- Sun Java Streaming XML Parser Version 1.0 EA
- XML Digital Signature Version 1.0 EA2
- XML and Web Services Security Version 1.0
- WS-I Attachments Sample Application Version 1.0 EA3
- JAXB Version 1.0.4 (Java Architecture for XML Binding)
- JAXP Version 1.2.6_01 (Java API for XML Processing)
- JAXR Version 1.0.7 (Java API for XML Registries)
- JAX-RPC Version 1.1.2_01 (Java API for XML-based RPC)
- SAAJ Version 1.2.1 (SOAP with Attachments API for Java)
- JSTL Version 1.1.1_01 (JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library)
- Java WSDP Registry Server Version 1.0_08 Eval
See the Integration Notes for information about running the integration scripts that come with the Java WSDP. These scripts allow you to integrate the Java WSDP component technologies with a different Web container than the one that you selected at installation time or, if you installed the Java WSDP with the "No Web Container" option, you can use these scripts to integrate the component technologies with one of the available Web containers.
See the Release Notes for release information about the Java WSDP.
To browse the API documentation for the Java WSDP technologies, see the API Reference.
Click here to download the version of the Java Web Services Tutorial that works (on Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8 Update 1, also known as version 8.0.0_01) with this version of the Java WSDP. See the J2EE Tutorial for information about the other Web services technologies.
We have also provided instructions for using a template build file that contains Ant targets, which simplify building and setting up the classpath for your Web service clients.
Visit the Java WSDP News website for news about soon-to-be-released technologies, such as Scripting Pages for Java Web Applications (JSR 223) and WebRowSet, that you can use with Java WSDP v1.5.
Please send feedback on the Java Web Services Developer Pack to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.