Download Server-Specific Driver Packages
This chapter describes how to download the server-specific driver packages needed for Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 installation.
|Note - If you have the Tools and Drivers CD (system software release 2.1 or later), you can skip this chapter and proceed to Chapter 3. You can use the CD for initial installation of the server-specific drivers. The latest version of the Tools and Drivers CD is also available as a downloadable image on the Sun download site.
To download the drivers:
1. Go to the driver download site for your server.
For the Sun Fire X4140: http://www.sun.com/servers/x64/x4140/downloads.jsp
For the Sun Fire X4240: http://www.sun.com/servers/x64/x4240/downloads.jsp
For the Sun Fire X4440: http://www.sun.com/servers/x64/x4440/downloads.jsp
2. Choose one of the following download options:
- If you are installing the Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 media, download Windows.zip to a hard drive location or media that will be accessible during the installation. Extract the following sub-packages contained in Windows.zip:
- FloppyPack_x_x_x.zip (contains LSI and Adaptec integrated RAID controller drivers, NVIDIA disk controller driver, and AMI virtual floppy driver). You will use this file to create driver media during your installation of Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 (when installed on the X4440), see Chapter 3.
- InstallPack_x_x_x.exe (program to install all server-specific device drivers after installing Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008)
- DriverPack_x_x_x.zip (for experts only, server-specific driver archive for Windows Server, English). Download this file if you want to perform a PXE installation described in Chapter 9, Incorporate Sun Fire Drivers Into WIM or RIS Images.
- OptPack_x_x_x.zip (for experts only, supplemental software archive). Download this file if you want to incorporate the supplemental software into a PXE installation.
- If you are installing Windows Server using a PXE server (advanced installation), extract the contents of the DriverPack_x_x_x.zip file on the PXE server.
|Note - The _x_x_x number identifies the version of the package (for example, FloppyPack_1_1_4.zip).
3. Make sure that the driver packages are available as you begin the operating system installation. Refer to Chapter 3 for supported delivery methods.
|Sun Fire X4140, X4240 and X4440 Servers Windows Operating System Installation Guide
Copyright © 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.