System Administration Guide: Network Services

Hardware That Is Needed for a Leased-Line Link

In addition to the link media, your end of the link requires the following hardware:

Some network providers include a router, synchronous interface, and a CSU/DSU as part of the customer premises equipment (CPE). However, necessary equipment varies, based on the provider and any governmental restrictions in your locale. The network provider can give you information about the unit that is needed, if this equipment is not provided with the leased line.