Install a Fan Module
Before You Begin
Caution - To ensure proper system cooling, be certain to install the replacement fan module in
the same slot from which the faulty fan was removed.
- With the top cover door open, install the replacement fan module into the server.
The fan modules are keyed to ensure that they are installed facing in
the correct direction.
Figure 82 Installing a Fan Module
- Apply firm pressure to fully seat the fan module.
- Verify that the Fan Fault LED on the replaced fan module is off.
- Close the top cover door.
- Verify that the system Fan Fault LED, Service Required LEDs, and the individual
fan module Fault LED are off.
- Run the ILOM show faulty command to verify that the fan fault has been
See Detecting Faults With ILOM for more information on using the show faulty command.