Install a REM
This task describes how to install a REM onto the server module. For
information about specific configuration tasks for your REM, refer to the REM documentation.
- Prepare for service by performing the following tasks:
- Align the REM for installation (panel 1)
- Slide the end of the REM that is opposite the connector under the
tabs of the plastic standoff (panel 2).
- Press the REM until the connector is fully seated on the motherboard (panel
If there is a rubber bumper on the REM, you can press
down on it directly to seat the connector.
- Return the server module to operation.
See Returning the Server Module to Operation.
- Configure or verify the RAID after installing the REM.
Refer to the SPARC T3 Series Servers Administration Guide for information about RAID configuration on this server module.