Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position
If the server is in the extended maintenance position, use this procedure to
return the server to the normal rack position.
- Push the server back into the rack, as described in the following steps.
- Simultaneously pull and hold the two green release tabs (one on each side
of of the server) toward the front of the server (see the following
figure) while you push the server into the rack.
As you push the server into the rack, verify that the cable management
arm (CMA) retracts without binding.
Note - To pull the green release tab, place your finger in the center of
the tab, not on the end, and apply pressure as you pull the
tab toward the front of the server.
Figure 73 Location of the Release Tabs on the Slide-Rails
- Continue pushing the server into the rack until the slide-rail locks (on the
front of the server) engage the slide-rail assemblies.
You will hear an audible click when the server is in the
normal rack position.
- If the CMA is not installed, that is, you removed it because you
removed the server completely out of the rack, install the CMA.
For installation instructions for the CMA, see one of the following procedures, depending
on which version of the CMA is installed on your server.
- If the cables are disconnected from the rear of the server, that is,
you disconnected the cables because you removed the server completely out of the
rack, reconnect the cables.